Keeping Our Kids Safe
Cornerstone Children’s Learning Center takes the safety of our children, staff and families very seriously. The Center follows the health and safety practices of Childtime Learning Center as well as guidelines from the city of Chicago, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC). Our practices include:
● We require face coverings for all children 2 and over, all staff, and parents or caregivers who drop off or pick up.
● We screen everyone – children, parents, staff, visitors – for temperature and evident symptoms.
● We limit access to classrooms to only children and staff. Parents stay in common areas only.
● We conduct regular wellness checks during the day.
● We serve pre-plated meals only.
● We have strengthened our existing cleanliness and hygiene practices – frequent handwashing, cleaning and sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces and items.
● We minimize movement between classrooms for both teachers and children.
● We have a lower number of children per classroom to minimize group sizes.
● We require that a child or staff person stay home from school for 14 days following their last potential exposure, if any member of the household has (or may have) a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
We welcome your questions and concerns! Feel free to give us a call at 312-573-8900.